2012年3月28日

Top 10 Movie Love Songs

I have been feeling rather on the lovely dovey side for no reason whatsoever, so thought I would pick my top 10 movie love songs. Or songs about love.
10. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion (Titanic)
I think while this song gets a lot of criticism and people saying this dislike it. I am sure when it first came out everyone loved it a lot. It totally fits together with the movie and the ending. “Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you” I mean that line is just so lovely its unreal. I love it!
9. It Must’ve Been Love- Roxette (Pretty Woman)
Probably quite a strange choice with this being top 10 love songs, when this is about a love ending. “It must’ve been love . . . but its over now . . . “. I am sure loads of people have related to this song, but in terms of the movie it wasnt over for Jules and Richard. It was just a small stepping stone until they got together for real in the end. Which is how most people would love to happen to them in there lives.
8. Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers (Ghost)
How could this not be in the top 10?!?!? The very famous pottery scene and when everyone was totally in love with Patrick Swayze after Dirty Dancing. Lovely . . .  “I’ve hungered for your touch, alone . . . lonely times . . . and time goes by so slowly . . . ” I think its just perfect for this movie it fit together so well. “Are you still mine . . . I need your love . . .” it really is a deep love song. Longing for the person and wanting them more than anything. Which is just awwwwww.
7. When You Say Nothing At All- Ronan Keating (Notting Hill)
“You say it best . . . when you say nothing it all . . .” It would probably look like a very strange love song, “what I hear when you dont say a thing” its relating to all the emotions a person shows towards someone that they are in love with and care about a lot. So to show you love someone you dont have to say anything and in Hugh Grants case in the film that probably would have been the best idea haha. He always seemed to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.
6. Time of My Life- Jennifer Warnes &  Bill Medley (Dirty Dancing)
“Now I’ve had the time of my life, never felt like this before, I swear its the truth and I owe it all to you . . .” I think that opening line to this song, describes how baby feels towards Johnny throughout the whole film. He taught her so much in such a short period of the time and they fell for each other so much. So I think this song perfectly fits the movie, and especially the ending. Showing everyone that they had the time of their lives. “This could be love . . .”
5. Take My Breath Away – Berlin (Top Gun)
I love how this is played throughout the movie, like the first few bars and different parts of the music. It totally sets the tone for when the actual song is played. I am sure this song is a one hit wonder as well, not a bad song to have for a one hit wonder though. I think it describes Mavericks relationship as they take each other’s breath away. I love the sex scene in this movie as well, I think its really hot the fact that its really dark and this song is being played WOW = HOT !!!
4. I Have Nothing – Whitney Houston (The Bodyguard)
I dont think this song gets enough credit, as I find it much more powerful and more about the movie than I Will Always Love You. Its about her not wanting to change the way she is to be with Kevin Costner . . . but that she will love him. Yes they dont end up together at the end of the movie remember which is so sad. “Dont make me close one more door, I dont wanna hurt anymore, stay in my arms if you dare or must I imagine you there . . . dont walk away from me, I have nothing, nothing, nothing . . . if I dont have you . . .” It just really gets me going this song, I can relate to it. As have someone who could just break down my walls as it is said in this song.
3. Listen- Beyonce (Dreamgirls)
Probably an unexpected choice to be 3rd as it is a pretty new song, but its just so lovely and a very nice touch to Dreamgirls which already had a very good selection of songs. But always nice when a song is added to a musical movie (coming soon, musicals top 10 love songs, haha). “Listen, to the song here in my heart . . .” She is really singing out when this is in the movie, as she is not happy as does not get her say in here life “time for my dreams to be heard . . . “. It is really powerful. About being alone, confused and trying to get her point across.
2. Waiting For A Star To Fall – Boy Meets Girl (Three Men and a Little Lady)
This is oooo so close to number one in this count down. I adore this movie, it was one of my favorites as a kid and I love it now for all different reasons and cry my eyes out at the wedding at the end and when this song hits in it doesnt help haha. I just think the music is great and catchy, the words are lovely and it fits with the film. “I wish I didnt feel so strong about you . . . trying to catch your heart, is like trying to catch a star . . . ” That really does explain the relationship between Peter and Sylvia <3
1. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (City of Angels)
Well this is my favorite ever song, so it had to top this chart really!!! “I’d give up forever to touch you, as I know you feel me some how . . .” I mean OMG WOW !!! It really is just a heartfelt song and for unrequited love and just adorbale. In relation to the movie, it is all about how Nicolas Cage’s character feels for Meg Ryan’s character. It is so power and just amazing. I think when I first fell for this song I had not seen the movie, and related this song to someone at the time I thought was well out of my reach. “I dont want the world to see me, as I dont think that they’d understand . . .” and that line still relates to that person. But the whole song and movie are just so related . . . tears that aint coming as he cant have any emotions . . . you bleed just to know that your alive. This song just really means a lot to me on a very deep level.

Just missed out on my top 10 . . . I have to mention them . . . Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes (An Officer and A Gentleman), She’s Like the Wind – Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing), I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston (The Bodyguard), I’ll Be Seeing You – Billie Holiday (The Notebook).

没有评论:

发表评论